Splitface Concrete Block
The splitting of the face on our standard Precision concrete block creates a textured relief look which not only gives depth to the unit, but exposes the inner aggregates. Splitface concrete block is available on one or two sides, and one or two ends on most standard units. Black cinder is the common aggregate used in splitface units.
Special order aggregates can be used to achieve different architectural effects, weights, or strengths. Custom faced units can be manufactured with single, three or five vertical scores, combed, flutes, and diamond projections.
- Product Notes:
- Related Products:
- All block are run on a per job basis and are available with a four to six week lead time.
- Colors: Splitface concrete block can be manufactured in a variety of custom colors.
- Aggregate: Black Cinders are the most common aggregate used in Splitface units. Special order aggregates can be used to achieve different architectural effects, weights, or strengths.
- Structural units: Conform to ASTM C90, Specification for Loadbearing Masonry Units, Medium Weight. These units also comply with the latest editions of ACI 530, and Chapter 21 of the California Building Code (CBC) and the International Building Code (IBC).
- To achieve the industry standard Medium Weight, RCP Block manufactures with black volcanic cinders that conform to ASTM C331, Specification for Lightweight Aggregates for Concrete Masonry Units. Different weights and design strengths are available on Special Order.
- Non-structural units: Conform to ASTM C129, Specification for Nonloadbearing Concrete Masonry Units.
- USGBC LEED: When specified to meet USGBC LEED, CHPS, or Cal Green, RCP Block & Brick manufactures a concrete block that will conform to the post consumer recycled content per ICC SAVE: VAR 1003. Minimum quantity production order may be required.