Shotblast Concrete Block
Shotblasting is a texturing technique that is applied to our Precision Block units. The blasting of the faces of the Precision Block with shot, creates a textured relief look which not only give depth to the concrete block unit, but exposes the inner aggregates. The amount of shotblast can be adjusted from light to heavy for more design flexibility.
Shotblast Block conforms to the same structural specifications and shapes & sizes as our Precision Block.
Shotblast - Before
Shotblast - After
- Product Notes:
- Related Products:
- All block are run on a per job basis and are available with a four to six week lead time.
- Colors: Shotblast Block are manufactured in a range of integral colors.
- Aggregate: Typically manufactured using Black Cinders, Shotblast Block can also incorporate a wide range of aggregates in the design mix to achieve different architectural effects, weights, or strengths.
- Structural units: Conform to ASTM C90, Specification for Load-bearing Masonry Units, Medium Weight. These units also comply with the latest editions of ACI 530, and Chapter 21 of the California Building Code (CBC) and the International Building Code (IBC).
- To achieve the industry standard Medium Weight, RCP Block manufactures with black volcanic cinders that conform to ASTM C331, Specification for Lightweight Aggregates for Concrete Masonry Units. Different weights and design strengths are available on Special Order.
- Non-structural units: Conform to ASTM C129, Specification for Non-load bearing Concrete Masonry Units.
- USGBC LEED: When specified to meet USGBC LEED, CHPS, or Cal Green, RCP Block & Brick manufactures a concrete block that will conform to the post consumer recycled content per ICC SAVE: VAR 1003. Minimum quantity production order may be required.